Regional Variation in Steel Gable Construction
Alan Scott Hoback, Jia Yu American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER), vol.9(10), 2020/10, pp.46-51.
Variation in design of steel gable frames was found between regions in the US. The assumed explanation is the difference in loading conditions and different industries in each area. Cities of Santa Barbara, CA, Miami, FL, Detroit, MI, and St. Paul, MN were chosen for comparison since they represented a range of loading conditions. Each city has a unique trend of steel gable roof structures. Based on results, designers of these frames don’t appear to be adjusting roof angles for optimum values
Link to full paper
1. Katanbafnezhad, N., & Hoback, A. S.: Comparison of LRFD and ASD for Pre-Fabricated Gable Frame Design. American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER). 9(5), pp. 120-134, (2020)
2. Katanbafnezhad, N., & Hoback, A. S.: Pre-Fabricated Gable Frame Design in High Snow Regions- Comparison of LRFD and ASD. American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER). 9(6), pp. 160-168, (2020).
3. Katanbafnezhad, N., & Hoback, A. S.: Optimum Base Connection of Columns in Steel Gable Frames." International Refereed Journal of Engineering and Science (IRJES), ISSN (Online) 2319-183X, (Print) 2319-1821, 9(3), PP. 49-58, (2020).
4. Katanbafnezhad, N., & Hoback, A. S.: Optimum roof slope for Pre-Fabricated Gable with Pinned Supports. International Journal of Modern Research in Engineering & Management (IJMREM). 2(4), Pages 8-17, (2020).
5. American Society of Civil Engineers: ASCE 7-16- Minimum design loads and associated criteria for buildings and other structures, (2016).
6. Shah, Gopal: Google Earth’s Incredible 3D Imagery, Explained. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suo_aUTUpps, Accessed: 9/5/2020, (2017).